- aHow time flies! We have been in Beijing for almost 4 years.
- bYes, I can still recall the days when we were all seniors at college. I asked you whether you would go back to your hometown or not.
- aYeah, feels like yesterday. Now I’m almost settled down here. We’re planning to buy an apartment and tie the knot.
- bCongratulations! I hope when you hold the wedding ceremony, I’m still residing in Beijing.
- aThank you. Is your company going to move to other cities?
- bNo, I’m planning to quit this job and go back to work in my hometown after the spring festival.
- aWhy is that?
- bWell, I still can’t adjust to the fast pace of city life.
- aYeah, the hustle and bustle is really difficult to handle.
- bThat’s right. I work extremely hard, and try my best to adapt to the lifestyle here, but I don’t feel any sense of belonging here.
- aI understand your position. Perhaps it’s time to stop floating and go back to where you belong. You’ll feel much better with your family around.
- byeah, I think so.