- aI am totally fed up with my boss. He has crossed the line one too many times with his sexist comments. This time I am really going to report him for sexual harassment.
- bWhat happened? Did your boss say something to offend you at work?
- aHe constantly lets inappropriate things slip out, referring to the women employees as girls or calling us sweetheart or darling. I doubt any of my male colleagues would stand for such treatment.
- bDon’t you think you are overreacting a little? Calling you by nicknames shouldn’t be so bad…
- aYou’re missing the point. It’s about respect. He treats us with such a patronizing attitude, as if we are not equal or not as serious as our male co-workers. It’s his attitude that needs to be changed, not just his words.
- bThat’s what you get for working in a male-dominated field. I think you’ll find that most male bosses in your industry are already conditioned to treat females in this way. You probably won’t be able to change him.