- aManagement is going through a big turnover these days. With Bill's retirement, and department realignment, we have lost about 1/3 of our managerial staff. They've been dropping like flies…
- bIsn't that a good thing? Having fewer bosses means having less stress, don't you think?
- aActually, I don't think so. Supervisors are really important to make sure everything goes smoothly in the workplace. They are necessary for divvying up work and disciplining employees. If there is no one to keep an eye on us, no one would get any work done. You know what they say, when the cat's away, the mice play.
- bYou're right, we do need leadership. But what we don't need is too many people to lead us. You know what they say about too many chiefs and not enough Indians…
- aAlright…I get your point.