- aThe company is selecting three employees to attend the marketing seminar next month. Did you put your name in for it?
- bNo, I don't really care too much for seminars…I find them to be either boring ot useless. I mean, how much can you really learn in one afternoon?
- aIt's not just about the things that you learn, you know...seminars are a really great opportunity to mingle and network with professionals in our industry from all over the nation. You can learn a few things, but more importantly, you rub shoulders with the business leaders and make contacts that could lead to potential sales or patnerships in the future. The social mixers are always more important than the seminars anyway.
- bI'm still not too jazzed about going…I feel kind of awkward in those cocktail party situations.
- aWell, what if I told you the seminar is going to be held in Hawaii? Does that perk your interest?
- bNow you're talking.