- aOur company is going to do some cutbacks soon.
- bReally? Where did you hear that?
- aI met with the supervisor just this morning. I don't know, but I am a little worried. Who do you think will get sacked?
- bI'm not sure…well, first, it couldn't be George. He is such a kiss-ass. He'd wash the boss's dog if he asked.
- aNo, it's not going to be George. I don't think it's Andy either. He is involved with the boss's sister in-law. And you know how whipped our boss is.
- bThat's true. What about Lisa? I bet there's nobody who could do a worse job than her.
- aLisa? No way. I've heard a rumor that she and the boss were having an affair. You know rumors can't come out from nowhere.
- bWell,okay. Then there is still Michael. But he's pet after having the best sales record for three months in a row. It definitely won't be Michael.
- aNo, that would be crazy. But then who will it be? Oh dear, it must be me. I should have known it! Why else would he have talked to me alone about the downsizing. What should I do? I've got a family t
- bWell, it could be me too. But I am not too worried. This place is suffocating me with this boss being such a hard-ass and clleagues who barely know how to get dressed in the morning. It would almost b