- aI can't seem to progress up the career ladder no matter how hard I try and I have been here for 2 years already!
- bWell, have you thought of getting an MBA? I heard it does wonders in getting you to the top.
- aAn MBA, hey. . . well my degree wasn't in business, the business schools won't be interested in me.
- bNonsense! The business schools measure your ability through a test called GMAT.
- aGMAT? What does that stand for and what will the test contain?
- bGraduate Management Admission Test, it contains three parts Analytical Writing Assessment, the Quantitative section, and the Verbal section. Not only does the test mark you on the number of questions answered but also on the difficulty.
- aOkay, this sounds a little tough, how am I supposed to practice for this?
- bUp to you, you could have a one on one session with a tutor or group sessions, you can also use free or private computer software. Going to church might help as well!
- aNo matter what I do, I'm going to ace this test and go on to become a corporate fat cat!
- bUmm. . . That's the spirit!