- aYou didn’t show up in the morning meeting. What’s up?
- bWell, I just came in. I worked overtime yesterday. Some statistics and very important documents seemed to be inaccurate. So I stayed to double check them. The boss was aware of my very late work of last night. So before he left office, he told me I could come one hour later this morning.
- aBut you still look a little bit tired. What time did you leave?
- bIt was around one thirty in the morning. I guess I didn’t fall asleep till 3 because those numbers were involving in my mind. I just couldn’t stop thinking about them.
- aThat’s normal after a tense work evening. Working overtime is not always a pleasant experience for me either. Once, I worked overtime everyday for a whole week including the weekend. That really broke my rhythm and I got a little sick later.
- bWorking at weekend is something I hate to do most.
- aBut if the company asks, what else can we do?