- aDo you take a bus to and from work?
- bYeah, everyday. And there’s only one choice. All the other buses are going the other direction.
- aHmm. I have the same problem. When I leave work, it’s always rush hour. So the buses are always crowded.
- bOh, yeah, it’s terrible. I will tell you the funniest thing I have seen in China. It’s when so many people try to get onto one city bus, and the last guy is squeezed in so tight that the door is tightly pressed against his butt.
- aThat sounds terrible the way you describe it. But you know, not long ago I really suffered on the bus.
- bWhat happened? Were you having a hard time getting on a bus?
- aYou just can’t imagine! I waited for the first bus but it was too full, so I waited for the second, and it was still very crowded. Then I decided not to wait for the next one, and got on the second bus. It was so full that I had to stand on one foot! No kidding!
- bHmm. Good exercise, uh?
- aYeah, absolutely!
- bAnd it’s so much fun. One day, the bodies were so tightly packed that some girl’s behind was pressed against my front. I was afraid to put my hands down for fear of accidentally groping her.
- aYou were so happy, weren’t you?
- bWhat do you think? I’m a good boy.