- aDid you see the way that Brian came to work yesterday? Ever since he came back from that conference in Silicon Valley, he's been coming to work dressed in jeans and sweatshirts. It's like he's decided to make himself at home in his office. I don't know how long it'll take before the management talks to him about it.
- bHe was really influenced by the way they do things on the west coast. I guess the working atmosphere is a lot more relaxed and casual in California. It comes from the information technology industry.. there isn't such a large division between home and office, so people want to work in the clothes they feel more relaxed in.
- aMaybe so, but it seems kind of strange, which the rest of us in white shirts, dark suites, and ties.
- bIt's not as bad as that...We are allowed to wear more casual jackets and trousers. Besides, didn't you hear what Brian found on his desk this morning?
- aWhat's that?
- bManagement decided to give him four brand new white shirts. That's their way of telling him that his new style of dressing down is not quite acceptable.