- aWe really were lucky. We got the last available table for two---and we didn't even have a reservation! Did you see the long lines behind us?
- bYeah, I'm glad that we didn't have to wait long. I'm starving!
- aLet's take a look at the menu so we can order. Do you want to choose an appetizer for us to share?
- bWhat would you rather have, samosas or poppadoms?
- aI heard that one of their specialities is the samosa.
- bWell, let's get a plate of those then.
- aSounds good. What are you going to have for your main course?
- bI think I might have a dahl.
- aWhat's in a dahl?
- bIt's got chickpeas and vegetables in a spicy curry sauce with rice.
- aThat sounds nice. Do you want to share some kebabs as well?
- bOk. How about some lamb kebabs?
- aThat's my favourite. Do you want to have some wine or beer?
- bI think I'll have a beer.
- aOk, shall I flag down the waitress?
- bI wouldn't recommend it. I think we should wait until she comes round.
- aYou're right. That might seem a bit rude. It's a good thing I've got you with me!
- bWhat would you do without me?