- aHey Julie, you want to go grab something to eat?
- bSure! What do you feel like having?
- aI really feel like having a big juicy steak!
- bOh. OK. I don't eat meat, but that's fine, I am sure wherever we are going they will have other options right?
- aI didn't know you were a vegetarian!
- bI'm not, I am a vegan.
- aA what?
- bA vegan. I don't eat or use any animal based products. I don't wear leather, eat eggs, drink milk or anything that comes from an animal. I used to be a pescatarian before, which basically means you don't eat meat, but still have fish and seafood.
- aWow! That's interesting! It must be tough!
- bIt's a bit difficult to find vegetarian friendly restaurants sometimes, but since more and more people are vegetarians or vegans nowadays, it's getting a bit less difficult.