- aI want you to know how much I appreciate these terrific meals you’ve been cooking. Do you guys always eat this well?
- bNot really. During the week, we’re both busy with our jobs, so there isn’t much time to cook anything fancy.
- aWe both enjoy cooking and experimenting, so we usually try to fix something special on Sundays.
- bThis morning’s breakfast was great, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and orange juice! You surely don’t eat that kind of breakfast every day.
- aYou’re right! We don’t. During the week, we usually have cold cereal and maybe a piece of fruit. Neither of us has the time to cook breakfast. Monday through Friday, it’s Every man for himself. Don’t worry, though. You’ll never go to bed hungry.
- bThat’s true. And dinners are different, anyway. Some nights Marsha will fix a casserole11 or a pasta dish. Other nights, I like to throw fish or hamburgers onto the grill. And fix a green salad.
- aSo, you cook every night?
- bWell, not every night. Some nights we have leftovers, or maybe we’ll just send out for a pizza. We even enjoy going out to a restaurant once in a while.