- aHello, my name's John. I'll be your waiter this evening.Can I get you anything from the bar for starters?
- bNo thanks.What we really need is a booster chair for our daughter. Do you have one?
- aYes, of course. The hostess should have brought you one. Just a moment. Our special tonight is Duck Chambord,which is roast duck served in a raspberry sauce with fresh rasperries.It's also served with wild rice and a medley of vegetables.That is 17.95 and it comes with soup or salad.
- bWhat is your soup of the day?
- aOur soup of the day is French onion.
- bThe duck sounds good. One of us should have it.
- aAlright, you order the duck.
- aShe will have the duck, and I will have the filet mignon.
- bHow would you like your filet mignon, sir? Rare, medium rare, or well-done?
- aMedium rare.
- bAnd would you like soup or salad with your meals?
- aI want salad.
- bI'll have the soup. French onion, yes?
- aYes, that's right. It's very good. I recommend it.
- bOur daughter will share some of our meal with us.Could you bring an extra plate for her?
- aOf course, Ma'am. I will also bring your sourdough bread in just a moment.
- bOur bread?
- aYes, we serve it at all tables.
- bGood. Thank you.