- aAre you good at cooking?
- bNo, but I'm pretty good at eating!
- aDo you prefer chinese food or Western food?
- bWell, to be honest with you, Chinese food is really different from western food.
- aAre you used to the food here?
- bI'm not really used to it yet.
- aWhat's your favorite Chinese dish?
- bLike most foreigners, I really like Sweet and Sour Pork and Kung Pao Chicken. I eat them almost every day.
- aHave you tried traditional Chinese dumplings yet?
- bI tried once, but they are quite difficult to eat with chopsticks.
- aYou know, foreigners are not expected to use chopsticks proficiently. If you do, you'll give your Chinese friends quite an impression.
- bThat's good to know. I'd like to try more Chinese food, but since I can't read any of the menus in the restaurants near my home, it's difficult to try new food.
- aIf you want, I can introduce you to some typical Chinese dishes.
- bThat would be great. I really only want to taste real Chinese food, not just the food that foreigners like to eat!
- aIf you haven't tried Beijing duck yet, I'd like to treat you to a meal at a famous duck restaurant near Qianmen. It would be a pity if you left without tasting it!