- aHow's your job search going?
- bI only started looking for a job a few days ago.
- aHave you finished compiling your resume?
- bYes, I was precise with every word in my resume?
- aThat's good. Don't forget to design the format. An attractive fromat is as important as the content.
- bAbsolutely,I've highlighted all my strengths and the resume is clear and easy to read.
- aGood. How about your cover letter?
- bA cover letter? I've never thought about that. Won't a CV do for my job application?
- aNo, a CV is not enough. You should also attach it with a cover letter. Don't overlook it. You're faced with fierce competition in the job market. If your cover letter cannot stand out in the pile of cover letters, your resume may never see the light of day.
- bSounds reasonable.Even if I'm the right one for the job, many people are applying for the same vacancy at the same time, so I should try my best to catch the Human Resources manager's attention.
- aYes, you're right. All your preparation efforts are to help you land a job interview.
- bGot it. I'll start right now.