- aOkay, now I’d like to find out more about your last job. I see you spent almost four years at the London Weekly , is that right?
- bYes, that’s right. To be honest, the first year was quite tough for me. I was really just treated more like an intern. I didn’t have many responsibilities and I found it quite frustrating.
- aSo, what changed?
- bWell slowly but surely I proved myself, and the new editor liked me so he promoted me to features writer.
- aWow, a real step up!
- bYes，I was responsible for restaurant and food reviews mostly. I spent restaurant years in that position, but to be honest it wasn’t an area of journalism I wanted to stay in long-term.
- aI see, so why did you decide to leave finally?
- bI just felt that the paper couldn’t offer me any new opportunities. I really needed a more challenging role to be honest.