- aMay I help you?
- bYes, I'm looking for a job as a clerk typist in English.
- aI'm Mary Kelly. May I ask your name?
- bMy name is Zhuang Lingyu. How are you, Miss Kelly?
- aI'm glad to meet you, Mr. Zhuang. Sit down, please.
- bThank you, Miss Kelly.
- aWhat are your qualifications for being a clerk typist?
- bI can type 120 words a minute and I take shorthand at 80 words a minute.
- aWould you be willing to take a typing and shorthand test?
- bYes, I would.
- aYour typing and stenography are pretty good. Would you be interested in applying for the job?
- bYes, I'd like to give it a try.
- aAll right. You need to have an interview with our manager, Mr. McBride. Let's go to his office.