- aDo you have s second?
- bsure. What do you want?
- aI want to tell you I've put in my notice.
- bReally? Why?
- aI've been thinking about this for several months, well before the Spring Festival holidays.
- bAnd the holidays provided you a chance to think over all this and make a decision?
- aYeah, after reeciving my yearly bouns, I want to search out better opportunities in the spring job market. I've been working in the company for nearly a year and a half and I still haven't received
- bAbsolutely. With your expertise and experience, you're clearly working below your pay grade.
- aThat's exactly why I decided to quit the job and find a new one.
- bThis way, you'll earn more at the new work place.
- aThat's right. I am not the only one who has done this. Job hopping is quite common in the IT industry.
- bThat is to say, most IT professionals can get a pay rise more easily by changing a job than waiting for a rise. I'm wondering why IT companies are always willing to pay more to new employees instead