- aNow, if I look here I see that you completed a BA in English?
- bYes, that’s right. After graduating from high school in New York I attended York University in the UK. My major was English, and my minor was business studies. I completed my BA in 2004.
- aYes, I’m pleased to see that you also got a distinction.
- bYes that’s right. I’ve always enjoyed studying. My friends say I’m a bit of a bookworm, but my father always pushed us to succeed academically.
- aWell, it looks like his encouragement paid off Rebecca. So how about extracurricular activities at University ？
- bWell I’ve always been keen on writing, so I became the editor for the University student magazine, which I really loved. Also I volunteered for a group called Shelter, to help the homeless in York.
- aWhat did that involve?
- bProviding warm meals and shelter, especially in the winter months. I found it really fulfilling to be part of that group.
- aI’m sure. Okay, now let’s move on to your work experience, shall we?
- bYes, okay.