- aCome in, please.
- bGood afternoon, Mrs Smith.
- aGood afternoon. Have a seat, please. You are Mr. Sun?
- bThank you. Yes, I am Sunlin.
- aI have read your resume. I know you have worked for 3 years. Why did you choose to major in mechanical engineering?
- bMany factors led me to major in mechanical engineering. The most important factor is I like tinkering with machines.
- aWhat are you primarily interested in about mechanical engineering?
- bI like designing products, and one of my designs received an award. Moreover, I am familiar with CAD. But I can do any mechanic well if I am employed.
- aWhy did you decide to apply for this position?
- bYour company has a very good reputation, and I am very interested in the field your company is in.
- aWhat do you think determines an employee's progress in a company such as ours?
- bInterpersonal and technical skills.
- aWe have several applicants for this position. Why do you think you are the person we should choose?
- bI have the abilities, qualities and experience that you requested in your job advert, for example I have three years experience in designing products and I got leadership experience while serving the college student union as president.
- aThat sounds very good. How do you see your career development?
- bAfter a few years of gaining experience in the company and furthering my professional qualifications I'd like to put my experience and skills to use in management. I want to become a supervisor in your R&D department.
- aHave you anything to ask about the job?
- bYes. Do you offer any opportunities for further study?
- aYes. If you undertake additional courses, provided these are approved, and you complete them successfully, you can claim back part, quite a large part, 75% of the costs you incurred. Not just the fees,traveling and other expenses too.
- bThat's fine.
- aAnything else?
- aWell, thank you very much, Mr. Sun. I'll let you know the result of the interview as soon as possible. Goodbye.
- bThank you, Mrs. Smith. I do hope the answer will be favorable. Goodbye.