- aHey, Jimmy, you've been sitting in front of the TV all day. Anything interesting on TV?
- bNot really. Quite boring right now, actually. Mostly infomercials and public serveice announcements.
- aWhy don't you turn off the TV and get outside? You need to get some fresh air.
- bI know, I know.But my favorite show is on in a couple of minutes. It's the series finals, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!
- aReally? What's the series about?
- bWell, it's about how an immigrant girl achieve her dream in America. It's a sitcom but really quite smart and really funny. I think you'd like it.
- aIt sounds interesting, but I am not a big fan of TV shows. They're time consuming and don't have much depth.
- bI believe some shows are quite informative and interesting. Take this show for example, it examines American xenophobia and how it might conflict with the American dream, with hilarious results.
- aReally? that's interesting!
- bYeah.Oh, here it comes! why don't we watch it together? they are going to have a court debate in this episode. It should be good.
- aOK, I'll give it a go.