- aGood morning. What seems to be the problem?
- bGood morning, doctor. I feel terrible. I’ve got a cold and I have a rash here on my neck. I’m not sleeping well either. What do you think the problem could be?
- aI’d say you’ve been working too hard or are under stress for some reason. Have you been taking anything for your cold?
- bYes, I bought some medicine at the chemist’s. I’ve been taking it for three days.
- aGood. I’m going to prescribe something stronger. It will make you feel drowsy, so you certainly should rest.
- bOK. I can afford to take a fell days off work.
- aHave you been working hard recently?
- bYes, I have. I had to get a project finished. It’s done now, so I can relax a little.
- aGood. Let’s take a look at that rash….it looks worse than it is. I’m going to prescribe some ointment for it. If the rash doesn’t clear up in a few days, come back and see me. Do you have any other symptoms?
- bI have a bad headache, but…
- aDon’t worry about that. It’s probably of the stress you’ve been under. Just take some aspirin. Combined with the stronger cough medicine, it will make you feel very tired. You shouldn’t work or use any equipment which requires concentration.If I were you,I’d just sleep,read a book,or watch TV. Here is your prescription.
- bThanks doctor. I’ll get these immediately. Goodbye.