- aHi, Mr. Smith. I'm Doctor Hawkins. Why are you here today?
- bI found it would be a good idea to get a check-up.
- aYes, well, you haven't had one for 5 years. You should have one every year.
- bI know. I figure as long as there is nothing wrong, why go see the doctor?
- aWell, the best way to avoid serious illnesses is to find out about them early. So try to come at least once a year for your own good.
- aLet me see here. Your eyes and ears look fine. Take a deep breath, please. Do you smoke, Mr. Smith?
- aSmoking is the leading cause of lung cancer and heart disease, you know. You really should quit.
- bI've tried hundreds of times, but I just can't seem to kick the habbit.
- aWell, we have classes and some medications that might help. I'll give you more information before you leave.
- bOk, thanks doctor.