- aWhat seems to be the problem?
- bI have a really bad toothache! My cheek is swollen and I can’t eat anything.
- aLet’s have a look. Hmmm. This doesn’t look too good. I think we may have to pull out your wisdom tooth. It’s pressing against your molars and that’s one of the reasons you are experiencing so much pain.
- bWhen you pull my tooth will you also have to extract the nerve and the root?
- aFirst we will take some x-rays and see what we’re dealing with. I also noticed a small cavity up front here, so you are going to need a filling.
- bI guess that’s what I get for not flossing or brushing my teeth three times a day.
- aIt could be that, or maybe you are eating too many sweets. In any case, I’ll administer an anesthetic and you won’t feel a thing!