- aI need help. I think my arm is broken.
- bAlright. Have you been to this hospital before?
- aNo, I haven't. I need help quick. It hurts really badly.
- bI understand. It's good you came to the emergency room.
- aLet me see a doctor.
- bI'm sorry, sir. You will need to wait at least a short time.We are very busy tonight. There was a big car accident on Highway 106.
- aI thought this was the emergency room.
- bIt is. But unless you are critically injured, you still need to wait.You aren't bleeding, are you?
- aNo. Only a little. I fell off my porch.
- bOh, that's terrible. Is it your right arm or your left arm?
- aMy left arm.
- bCan you fill out this form then?
- aNo, I can't. I'm left-handed.
- bThat's very inconvenient for you then.You'll probably have a cast on your left arm.
- aYes. But why do I have to fill out a form anyway?This is the emergency room.
- bYes, it is. But even in emergency rooms there is some paperwork to be done.Have you ever been in an emergency room before?
- aNo. Just let me see a doctor. I'm worried about my arm.
- bBe brave, sir. It won't be long.I will fill out the form for you. What is your name?
- aSteve Schliessman. S C H L I E S S M A N.
史提夫?希士门。S C H L I E S S M A N。
- bAlright Steve. Your social security number?
- bDo you have medical insurance?
- aYes, I do. Blue Cross.
- bDo you have your insurance card with you?
- aNo, I don't.
- bWell, you can call it in later. You can phone us.
- aCan I sit down now?
- bFirst I need to get your address. Try to move your arm as little as possible.