- aI don’t want you to be worried, but our son has some bad habits now. He says painful words everyday.
- bWhat words? Can you tell me?
- aHe says kick mommy, beat mommy, don’t want mommy, very quickly if I do something that he doesn’t like. You know, if I wash his face or change his clothes, things like that.
- bHoney, I don’t know what to tell you. Of course Tony is a young child. But do not underestimate his ability to learn and reason.
- aYes, but sometimes he is just not reasonable.
- bI suggest you treat him with patience, affection, and respect. If he needs to do something, like go to bed, or be washed, etc., please guide or help him to get it done, but lead him with gentleness.
- aIt’s easy to say, but I will try.
- bMotivate Tony to cooperate by rewarding his good behavior. Do not emphasize punishment for bad moods, etc. Do not threaten him with punishment if he resists the actions you desire.
- aI know my parents sometimes threaten to punish him. But this doesn’t work, instead he picks up another bad habit.