- aI'm pleased to meet you again, Mrs. King.
- bPleased to see you, too, Mr. Brown.
- aYou've had a good trip, I hope.
- bYes, a very pleasant journey, thank you.
- aIt's been a full two years since we last saw each other.
- bSo it is, I've come again to renew our sole agency agreement for another 2 years.
- aWe shall be pleased to talk the matter over with you. You've done very well in fulfilling the agreement.
- bI'm glad you're satisfied with our work. I can assure you we've spared no effort and spent quite a sum of money in pushing the sales of your products.
- aYes, we appreciate your efforts in pushing the sales of our pianos. We can see you are experienced in this particular line.
- bThank you.
- aBut I think the annual sale of 300 pianos for a sole distributorship in Canada is rather conservative. After all, you sold around 400 pieces there last year. You can sell more this year according to the marketing conditions at your end.
不过我认为对加拿大的独家经销来说，年销售量300架钢琴未免太 过保守了。实际上，去年你都卖了400架左右。根据你们地区的市 场情况，今年应该可以销售更多。
- bThat is the result of our hard work. Well, what annual quantity would you suggest for the new agreement then?
- a500 pieces.
- bNo, no. That's too big a number to be acceptable. Let's put it at 450 pieces. And we'll strive to sell more, of course. We wish to add another clause. For every 50 pieces sold in excess of the quota, we'll get 1% more in commission for our efforts.
不行，不行。这个数字太大了，我不能接受。定为450架吧。当然 我们会尽力多销。我们想增加一个条款，超过定额之后每多销50 架，我们的佣金就增加百分之一。
- aAll right, let's fix it at 450 pieces then. And for every additional 50 pianos sold, we'll give you 1% higher commission.
- bI suppose all the other terms remain unchanged.
- aWe would like to make a specific mention of one more point. As our sole distributor, you will neither handle the same or similar products of other origins nor re-export our goods to any other area outside your own.
- bNo, certainly not. That's a reasonable restriction.
- aAnother thing is that every six months we would like to receive from you a detailed report on current market conditions and the users comments on our products.
- bYes, we've already prepared one. I've brought it with me. I'll put it forward when we talk with the manufacturers tomorrow.
- aGood, that's all then.