- aHello,come in , I've been waiting for you.
- bThan you, I'm not late,am I ?
- aNo,no,no,not at all.It's just that I've been looking forward to meeting you.
- bWell,thank you,but it's not all that hard to do ,you know.I've been calling your office and sending you proposals for about two years now, and you've never responded before.
- aHa,ha,ha!Yes,I guess I deserved that. Let me explain,okay?
- bPlease,I wish you would.
- aWell,as you probably know I buy from a selected group of suppliers and don't ,as a rule, deal with new people.
- bYes, I know that. It's why Ive been trying to become one of those suppliers.I hear you're a good man to do business with.
- aI'm very old-fashioned. I believe in loyalty.Once I start a sales relationship with someone, I stay with him or her, and we do most of our business on the phone.I expect their absolute best price possible and don't haggle.But if I find out they screwed me over, then I find another supplier.
- bThat's pretty much what I heard.
- aWell,those are my terms. As long as you honor them ,we do business.If you break faith and try to take advantage, I'll find someone else to work with. Can you live with that?
- bNo problem at all, Mike. Just give me the chance.