- aWhat's wrong?
- bI have a headache. These past few days I've been living off painkillers. Man, I feel like my head is going to explode.
- aYou should get acupuncture treatment. My mom was always having headache issues and it was acupuncture that cured her.
- bThe results are too slow. On top of that, just the thought of smoking needles poking into my flesh frightens me.
- aThey don't just randomly stick you, they find your pressure points. The heat allows the body to immediately respond to the treatment, restoring the body's "chi".
- bBut I get scared the moment I see a needle. How could I stand having needles in my body for hours on end?
- aThe needles are very thin, and as long as the doctor's technique is good, and the patient himself is relaxed, it won't hurt-on the contrary it will actually alleviate pain. Now there are high-tech needles that are micro thin; they don't hurt at all. However, if you are really scared of acupuncture, scraping or cupping are also options.
- bScraping is too terrifying. When they finish scrapping, your body is all red, as if you were just tortured. Cupping is the same, your body ends up with red circles all over. It looks like someone beat you up.
- aThis only signifies that the toxins have left the body. Actually, there is only discomfort during the treatment process. Once it's over you feel very comfortable.
- bChinese medicine is strange. The patients are already ill, and then the doctor makes them suffer more.
- aThis is the only way to get at the problem. Anyway, if you want to relieve the pain, you are just going to have to be tough and do it.
- bForget it. I don't want to inflict any more pain on myself. In a little while I'll go and buy some more painkillers and take a nap.