- aWhat was your wedding ceremony like, Abigail?
- bMy husband and I got married in a registry office with just two friends there as witnesses. But then we had three parties to celebrate.
- aThree parties? That's quite a lot. That must have been expensive!
- bWell, since my husband and I are from two different countries, and we live in a third country, we decided to have one in each country. It wasn't actually that expensive.
- aWere your parents upset that they weren't there to see you get married?
- bI would have liked them to be there, but they couldn’t afford to fly out to see us, and we couldn't afford to fly out to see them, so they understood.
- aDid your husband's family get to meet your family?
- bMy husband's parents flew out to meet my family when we got married in my hometown, so that was great. Some people spend ridiculous amounts of money on extravagant wedding receptions, but we agreed that the wedding party should be less about money and more about family.
- aThat makes sense. Did you go on a honeymoon?
- bWe waited until our one-year anniversary to go on our honeymoon to Africa.
- aYou really didn't have a very traditional wedding, did you?
- bNot at all, but we don’t have a very traditional marriage either, so it suited us perfectly!