- aGood evening,sir. I understand that you have been robbed.
- bI certainly have.
- aWhen did this happen?
- bAbout two hours ago.
- aWhy didn't you report it before?
- bI couldn't. I was bound and gagged.
- aPlease tell me exactly what happened.
- bI was sitting in this room watching television when someone knocked on the door. Without thinking, I opened it.
- aThat wasn't very wise , sir.
- bI know. I was expecting my wife, you see, and thought it was her.
- aYou should never open a door without looking to see who it is.
- bYes , I know. I regret it very much.
- aWhat happened?
- bTwo men pushed into the flat. One of them threatened me with a knife while the other bound and gagged me.
- aDid you get a good look at them?
- bI'm afraid not. They were both wearing stockings over their faces.
- aWhat did they take?
- bMy wallet, with $200 in it,my wrist watch.some of my wife's jewellery from our bedroom, and a silver photoframe.
- aThey don't seem to have done much damage to the flat.
- bNo. They had just begun to search when the dogs next door began to bark. Theyran off then leaving me bound and gagged. It was some time before my wifereturned and released me. I phoned the police at o
- aMy men began searching the area as soon as we received your call.I can't promise you that we'll recover your property but we'll certainly do our best.