- aHave you every belonged to a political party?
- bNo, I haven’t, but I thought about joining the green party.
- aReally? I know you are very concerned about the environment. You were a member of the pressure group greenpeace, weren’t you?
- bYes. I was. But I didn’t have enough time to devote to it.
- aThe green party have no chance of winning an election. The other parties are too big and popular.
- bYou’re right. But smaller political and pressure groups can often influence large political parties. Any member of parliament can propose legislation and parties and pressure groups and raise awarenes
- aMost people are not very politically aware. They often don’t understand the issues fully.
- bThat’s true. But it’s a little strange because the media often reports on political events. You can read about them in newspaper or hear them on tv.