- aI don't want to go upstairs. We should call the police.He might still be in the house. And what if he has a gun?
- bAlright, maybe you're right. But did you have any valuables upstairs?
- aLike what?
- bDid you have any cash, expensive jewelry, or anything like that?
- aNo. I mean, of course I have jewelry, but nothing really expensive.
- bIt's strange. I just wonder what he wanted to steal.Because I don't see anything missing down here. Let's call the police.
- aWhat's the number?
- bI don't know. Just dial 911.That's the general emergency number. They will connect you to the police.
- aHello. Please connect me to the police.
- bPolice department.
- aYes, hello. My house has been broken into.
- bWhat's your address, Ma'am?
- a1414 East Maple Road. Monroe.
门罗市枫树东路 1414 号。
- bAlright. We will send someone right away.Do you have reason to believe the intruder may still be in the house?
- aNo, I think he is gone. But I don't know. I didn't go upstairs.
- bThat's smart. The best thing is to wait just outside until an officer arrives.
- aThank you.
- bSomeone should be there in a couple minutes.