- aTo get around your difficulty, Mr. Brown, I'd suggest that you reduce your order by half. You can send in an addi tional order later.
- bWell, I'll consider the possibility. By the way, when do I open the L/C if I want the goods to be delivered in June?
- aA month before the time you want the goods to be delivered.
- bCould you possibly effect shipment more promptly?
- aGetting the goods ready, making out the documents and booking the shipping space -- all this takes time, you know. You cannot expect us to make delivery in less than a month.
- bVery well, Mrs.Wang. I'll not reduce my order. I'll take the full quantity you offer. And I'll arrange for the Letter of Credit to be opened in your favor as soon as I get home.
- aWhen will that be?
- bEarly next week. In the meantime, I should be very pleased if you would get everything ready. I hope that the goods can bedispatched promptly after you get my Letter of Credit.
- aYou can rest assured of that. We'll book you order and inquire for the shipping space now, so that shipment can be effected within two or three weeks of receipt of your L/C.
- bThat'll be fine. I appreciate your cooperation.
- aVery good. Well, thanks to your cooperation, our discussion has been very pleasant and fruitful. I sincerely hope that the volume of trade between us will be even greater in the future.
- bBy the way, Mrs. Wang, we have a mind to do joint participation with you on Japanese arts and crafts in our market. Would you entertain this proposal?
- aWell, this is something new. A few of our friends from Europe have also suggested that we participate in joint enterprise with them dealing in some of our goods. We think there are a lot of details to go into.
- bIf you feel our proposal is attractive, it is estimated that business to the extent of over twenty million marks can be done in this manner.
- aNaturally, I appreciate your efforts in pushing the sale of Japanese arts and crafts. But I'm not in a position to discuss your proposal today. I must first talk to our director, and discuss it with you some other time.
- bAll right. Anyway, I'll be staying here for another two weeks. But I'm looking forward to having something done in this respect.
- aWe'll talk about it next time. Now that everything is settled, let's have a cup of tea, and take our minds off business for a change.