- aWe've got a problem...it looks like we'll need more spotlights on the exhibition booth. The client thinks it's too dark,and they want to add halogen lighting. We've already got 3 sets of track lighting from you guys,do you think you could help us out and throw in some halogens?
- bOh...Um...I don't think so. you know the halogen lighting is much more expensive than your track lighting system. Plus I'm going to have to call in some guys to install it for you. That's not going to come cheap.
- aBut it would only be adding to the existing structure. We're not talking about anything new here...
- bIt doesn't matter because we will still have to call the electrician out, and they are union labor. It'll cost you a pretty penny....
- aHow much do you think it would cost?
- bUmmm,I estimate it'll run in the neighborhood of ....$500 per light.
- a$500per light?!That's ridiculous!It can't possibly be that expansive!
- bIt is,I'll tell you why. We'll have to call in the electrician, he's going to charge overtime now because it's already 5PM, and it will probably take him an hour a light. Plus, the halogen lights take more electricity,so your electrical cost is going to be higher as well.
- aCan't you give me a break on this?We've already spent so much money on lighting,I hate to have to blow so much more on halogens.
- bNo, that's the cost, and that's what it's going to cost us. We can't go in the hole with this. I am giving you my best price,so take it, or leave it.