- aWhy are you so upset today, Maria? Cheer up!
- bOh, Iris, it’s about the job with the PR company.
- aIt’s a great opportunity. You should be happy with the offer.
- bBut my mother won’t allow me to accept any part-time job. I’m afraid she will say no again.
- aWhy? It’s unfair. You can learn a lot from it.
- bShe says a part-time job is a cursed blessing. It takes so much time and energy that I won’t be able to focus on my study.
- aThat may be true. But I’m sure you’re able to find a balance between them. Why not try it?
- bI turned down quite a few offers before for her sake. But I’m a senior now, I don’t want to miss the chance this time.
- aI agree with you but I think you really need to talk to your mother and tell her what's on your mind.
- bI’ll try, but what if she insists?
- aJust let her know that the experience will be both amazing and rewarding. And more importantly, you can manage both your study and the job.
- bDo you think it will work?
- aSure. Every cloud has its silver lining. Just try.
- bOk, I’ll do that. Thank you, Iris.
- aSure. Good luck, Maria!