- aHey, what're you doing here?
- bWhy? It's my room.
- aI mean Jack is downstairs. He must be waiting for you. Besides, there's a big bunch of roses and a box of chocolate in his hands.
- bOh, no,he's not waiting for me.
- aOf course he is. He is your boyfriend!
- bActually we broke up the day before yesterday.
- aI'm sorry to hear that. But maybe he's regretful now, so he's come here to apologize.
- bLet's talk about something else, shall we? Is that your new ring?
- aOh, yes. How does it look?
- bGreat, but you had your birthday last month.
- aIt's a gift for Valentine's Day.
- bIs it today? Oh. I'm so pathetic. I didn't even receive a card.
- aThen why not go downstairs and give Jack one more chance?