- aTom! How are you? We missed you at the party last night. Are you OK?
- bI don’t know.I didn’t really feel like going out.I guess I’m feeling a little homesick.
- aCome on.We’ve been through this already!Look,I know the adjustment was hard when you first got here, but we agreed that you were gonna try and deal with it.
- bI was. It’s just that the holidays are coming up and I won’t be able to home because I can’t afford the airfare. I’m just longing for some of the comforts of home, like my mom’s cooking and being around my family.
- aYeah,it can get pretty lonely over the holidays. When I first got here, I’d get depressed and nostalgic for anything that reminded me of home. I almost let it get to me, but then I started going out, keeping myself busy and before I knew it, I was used to to it.
- bI see what you mean, but I ’m still bummed out.
- aOK. how does this sound .let’s get you suited up and hit the dance club tonight.I hear that an awesome DJ is playing and there will be a lot of pretty single girls there!
- bYou know, I could really go for that. You don’t mind being my wingman for tonight?
- aNot at all! It be fun! It will be like a boys’ night out... well kinda...
- bGreat! I must warn you though, whatever happens, don’t let me go on a drinking binge. Trust me, it’s not a pretty picture!