- aSo, Fred, what are your plans for after graduation?
- bWell, I’ve already got a job waiting for me back in my hometown.
- aThat’s cool. Have you already found an apartment to live in?
- bI’m planning on living with my parents. Won’t you?
- aI couldn’t even if I wanted to. My parents told me that if I went home, thenI’d have to find my own place.
- bYou mean they’re kicking you out?
- aNot really, they just don’t want me living at home. My older sister did that, and she lived at home for seven years. Once she started living at home, it got harder and harder for her to move out.
- bWell, it’s not like my parents want me to live at home the rest of my life. They said that it’s ok if I move back home to begin with, but they want me to find a place of my own after a year or so.
- aMy parents just didn’t handle my older sister very well, and because of that, they want me to be more independent. They think that it’s important that I should learn how to live on my own.
- bI know I need to learn that myself, but I just don’t have the money for it at the moment. Living at home allows me to save up some money before I started finding a place.