- aYou are married to a foreigner, huh? So what’s it like?
- bWell, the first year of our marriage, we had great difficulty getting along. The things that are important to me are not important to him. We had a lot of conflicts.
- aYeah, I know what you mean. The first year of any marriage is difficult for all couples, not to mention two people from different cultures.
- bAnd now we have a two-year-old boy. We’re very happy that he’s healthy and smart.
- aOh, so he’s half Chinese and half American. That’s unusual. What languages does he speak, then?
- bRight now he speaks mostly Chinese, and he can say a few English words. But he will learn.
- aWhat does he look like? Can people tell?
- bYes, people surely can. He’s whiter than the Chinese kids, and his hair is a little blonde. My husband says his eyes are very Chinese though.