- aHello, may I help you?
- bYes, I need some more cash for my visit in China. May I cash a traveler’s check here?
- aOf course. We would be happy to cash it for you.
- bI was going to cash it at the hotel, but one of my friends said that banks always give better exchange rates.
- aWell, any bank will cash it at our present traveler's check buying rate, for which we’re somewhere cheaper than hotels because of the service charge. You see, hotels really aren’t in the money exchange business although they will cash traveler’s check for their guest.
- bYou mean there is really not that much of a difference.
- aNo, madam. Not very much.
- bWell, may I cash these three checks for 100 dollars each? I think that will be enough.
- aYes, I'll be happy to cash these for you. Would you please countersign them here?