- aHey, John! I haven’t seen you for ages! What’s new? What have you been up to?
- bPete! Nice to see you Well, on top the norm, you know, wife and kids and work, I’ve actually gotten into doing some trading.
- aTrading? You, big guy? What are you trading?
- aCurrencies? As in Euros, Dollars, Pounds and Rupees?
- bIt’s called Forex. Foreign Exchange. The great thing about it is that I don’t have to invest a huge amount. I put in a margin deposit and then I can buy and sell up to 100 times that much!
- aI don’t understand. You’re buying and selling money?
- bYou got it! Just last night I made USD 150!
- aLast night?
- bYeah! It’s a 24 hour market! I had bought some RMB earlier at a low asking price but last night it appreciated drastically so I made a split second decision and sold all my RMB at an amazing bid! I've also done some trading with CHF and AUD and HKD. I've made some good profits but I've also suffered some losses. It depends on a lot of factors just like any other market. In total I've made about USD 500 in the past few months.
是的，外汇市场是24小时的。我曾经以低价买进一些人民币，但是昨晚人民币升值很多，于是我马上做了一个决定，将所有 人民币以一个惊人的价钱卖了出去。我已交易了些CHF，AUD 和 HKD。我已经赚了一些，但是也损失了一些。它和其他市场一样受很多因素影响。在过去5个月，我总共赚了500美元。
- aYou’re kidding! I’m on! Where do I sign up?