- aI’m glad to have the opportunity of visiting your corporation. I hope to conclude some substantial business with you.
- bIt’s a great pleasure to meet you, Mr. Brown. I believe you have seen our exhibits in the showroom. May I know what particular items you’re interested in?
- aI’m interested in your hardware. I’ve seen the exhibits and studied your catalogues. I think some of the items will find a ready market in Canada. Here is a list of my requirements, for which I’d like to have your lowest quotations, C.I.F. Vancouver.
我对你们的五金产品感兴趣。我已看过你们的展示品并仔细看过你 们的目录册。我想其中的一些产品很快就能在加拿大畅销。这是我 所列的需求单，请给予最优惠的报价，温哥华到岸价。
- bThank you for your inquiry. Would you tell us the quantity you require so that we can work out the offers?
- aI’ll do that. Meanwhile, could you give me an indication of price?
- bHere are our F.O.B. price lists. All the prices in the lists are subject to our confirmation.
- aWhat about the commission? From European suppliers I usually get a 3 to 5 percent commission for my imports. It’s the general practice.
- bAs a rule we don’t allow any commission. But if the order is a substantial one, we’ll consider it.
- aYou see, but I do business on a commission basis. A commission on your prices would make it easier for me to promote sales. Even two or three percent would help.
- bThat’s something we can discuss later.