aI don't know what I'm going to do.I need to find a job. If I don't, I won't be able to stay here next semester.
我不知道如何是好。我需要找一个工作。如果我找不到,下个学期就没有办法留在这里。
bHave you tried university part-time jobs?
你试过大学的兼职工作吗?
aWhat do you mean?
你的意思是?
bI mean in the library, or in some information center.Often the university hires foreign students for part-time positions.
我的意思是图书馆或者一些资讯中心。通常大学都会雇用外国的学生来做兼职的工作。
aYes, I know. I tried that.They don't have anything now. So what can I do?
是,我知道。我试过。他们现在没有任何工作。所以,我该怎么办呢?
bWell, since you're a foreign student, it's hard.That's because it's actually illegal for you to work in America.
嗯,你身为一个外国学生,是蛮难的。那是因为你在美国工作是非法的。
aI know that. You don't have to tell me that. That's my problem.I know I have the right to work for the university. That's legal.But they don't have a job for me. And it's illegal for me to get a job elsewhere.
bAnyway, there must be some solution.You know there are many people working illegally in New York.
无论如何,那一定有一个解决之道。你知道有很多人非法在纽约工作。
aBut I need a pretty decent job.I need to make enough to pay my rent at least.
但我需要一个比较正式的工作。我需要赚足够的钱,至少能付我的房租。
bI have an idea.
我有一个主意。
aWhat?
是什么?
bSince you're Chinese, maybe you can find part-time work in Chinatown.
你身为一个中国人,或许你可以在中国城找到一个兼职工作。
aI already had that idea.
我已经想过了。
bWell, why don't you go and look down there?
嗯,你为什么不去看看呢?
aBut I don't know what I would do.
但我不知道我能做些什么。
bIt may be part-time work as a waitress or something.It would be illegal, but sometimes waitresses make a good salary.
或许有兼职的工作像是服务生或其他的机会。虽然是非法,但有些时候服务生可以拿到不错的薪水。
aMaybe. I don't know.
或许吧。我不知道。
bI will ask my friends for you.Maybe someone knows a company that needs part-time people.That's another thing you should do. Ask all your friends to ask around for you.You might find something.