- aHow was your day?
- bLet’s start with you. How was yours?
- aIt was really busy. I had to work straight through my lunch break.
- bDid you get to leave early then?
- aMy boss told me that I could either go home early or take a long lunch break another day, so I decided to wait and take a long lunch break another time.
- bIt was nice of your boss to give you an option. My boss would never do that.
- aLet’s get back to you. How was your day?
- bIt was horrible! It was just one thing after another.
- aYou look pretty upset. Are you ok?
- bI’m fine. But I have bad news.
- aWhat’s that?
- bI got sacked today.
- aYou’re kidding! How did that happen?
- bWell, I was late to work today. It was the third time I was late this week.
- aHow late were you?
- bOnly about 5 minutes.
- aYou got fired for being a few minutes late?
- bMy boss is really picky about that. He never arrives late, usually works over-time, and always gets his work done on time.
- aOh well. You never really liked your boss anyway, did you?