- aGood morning, Mrs.Wang. Any news?
- bYes. I've succeeded in persuading our export manager to agree to a reduction of ten percent. He made this an exception with an eye to future business.
- aGood. We certainly appreciate your making these concessions for us.
- bMay I repeat 15 Tunnel Drillers, specifications as shown in the technical data, at 57,000 Swiss Francs each, F.O.B. European Main Ports? Business is closed at this price.
- aYes, that's right. Shall we go over the other terms and conditions of the transaction to see if we agree on all the particulars?
- bAll right. We have no objection to the stipulations about the packing and shipping marks. As a matter of fact, we always packour machines in new strong wooden cases suit able for long distance ocean transportation.
- aThe machines must be well protect ed against dampness, moisture, rust, and be able to stand shock and rough handling.
- bWe'll see to that.
- aThey are to be shipped not later than Sep tem ber 2001.
- bThere's no question about that.
- aAnd what about the terms of payment?
- bPayment by L/C, to be opened by the buyer 15 to 20 days prior to the date of delivery. That's what we've agreed upon, isn't it?
- aYes, quite so.
- bWe'd like to add the condition that the letter of credit shall be valid until the 15th day after shipment. You know, it sometimes takes us a week or so to get all the shipping documents ready for the presentation and negotiation. This will give us more leeway.
我们希望加上一条，信用证有效期应至货物装船后第十五日截止。 要把所有装船单据都准备好以便提交银行议付，有时需要一个星期 左右。定上这样一条可以让我们的时间充裕一点。
- aThat can be done. Any questions about the in spec tion and claims?
- bNone whatsoever. The quality and per for mance of our machines can stand every possible test. We agree to your conditions.
- aDo you also agree to the condition that all disputes, if unsettled, shall be referred to the For eign Trade Arbitration Commission for the Pro mo tion of In ter na tion al Trade?
- bCertainly, but I'm sure there will be no oc ca sion for arbitration.
- aWell, then, we've agreed on all the major points.
- bYes, Mr. Brown. We're glad the deal has come off nicely and hope there will be more to come.
- aSo long as we keep to the principle of equality and mutual benefit, trade between our two countries will develop further.
- bWhen can the contract be ready for signature?
- aI'll have it ready in a couple of days.
- bThe earlier the better. I'm leaving next week.
- aHow about next Monday afternoon at 5? I'll have a copy of the contract sent to your hotel in the morning for you to look over.
- bThat suits us fine.