aI just got a call from Mrs. Fitzgerald. See what your Willie has just done.
我刚接到菲茨格尔德太太的电话。看看你的威利刚刚做了些什么。
bMy Willie? Why has he suddenly become my Willie?
我的威利?怎么又突然变成了我的威利?
aBecause he takes after you, he's got into trouble again.
因为他像你,他又有麻烦了。
bWhat did he do this time? I remember last time he was painting her fence to repay her for breaking it, and he accidentally painted her cat.
这次他干了什么?我记得上次他破坏了她的栅栏,在给她的栅栏上油漆时,却也附带地给她的小猫涂了颜色。
aThat was last time. This time it's worse.
那是上一次。这次更糟。
bOk, tell me.
好吧,告诉我什么事。
aWell, he was playing baseball with some friends…
唔,他正在和几个朋友打棒球……
bAnd the ball went through her window? That's not as bad as last time.
球飞进了她的窗户?那没有上次糟糕。
aTrue, but that's not all. The ball went through the window and hit the vase she has in her front window……
对,但还没完。球飞进窗户,打在她前窗的花瓶上……
bOk, that's probably expensive, but not that bad.
还好,那个花瓶可能很贵,但那没那么糟糕。
aAnd then, ricocheted off her fish bowl. Mrs. Fitzgerald at the last minute dived and saved her fish.
然后球跳飞过她的鱼缸。最后关头菲茨格尔德太太跳下了水,救起了她的鱼。
bAt least the fish were saved. If that's the end of the damages, then everything isn't that bad.
至少鱼得救了。如果最后的损失就是这样的话,那么一切都不是太糟糕。
aStop interrupting me. Finally, the ball flew through the air and knocked out Willie's school principal, who was having a cup of coffee with Mrs. Fitzgerald.