- aCan I help you, sir?
- bYes, I've been sitting here for a few minutes.I'm waiting for someone to put gas in my car.
- aI'm sorry, sir. But this is the self-service pump.
- aYes. You must fill up the car yourself.
- bAre you serious?
- aYes. Are you traveling here?
- bYes, I'm from Taiwan. I never heard of a gas station where you fill up your own car.
- aIn America, most gas stations are like this.
- bDo I really have to do it? I don't know how.
- aWell, since this is your first time, I will do it for you.But next time, if you want a full-service gas station, you should look at the sign.
- bWhat sign?
- aUnder the sign for the gas station,there will be a smaller sign that says Self-Serve or Full-Service.And some gas stations have both.But if they have both, some pumps will be self-serve and some will be full-serve.You have to look at the signs.
- bI see.