a
What's your opinion about childless couples? Will you choose to have no kids?
你是怎么看待那些不要孩子的夫妻的?你打算要不要孩子。
b To be honest, I wouldn't.
说实在的,我不打算要孩子。
a
Why? Do you have to make a choice now?
为什么?你现在必须做出选择吗?
b Not really. But it has puzzled me for a long time.
不是,只是这事已经困扰我很久了。
a
What's the puzzle?
那你到底愁什么呢?
b My husband and I prefer to have no kids, but my mother-in-law is very traditional and wants grandkids.
我和我丈夫打算不要孩子,但是我婆婆很传统,很想抱孙子。
a
Oh, I see. I think the older generation tend to think in a different way.
啊,这样啊。我觉得老人们总是和我们想法不太一样。
b Yes. It seems she can never accept a childless marriage. We had a fight last night.
是啊,可是我婆婆就是不能理解,为什么结了婚却不要孩子。我们昨天还吵了一架。
a
Oh, really? Maybe she is just eager to see her grandchildren.
是吗?也许她只是抱孙心切吧。
b But it's absolutely our own business to have a child or not.
但是要不要孙子,完全是我们自己的事。
a
Definitely.
是啊。
b You know, I often overhear our neighbor, the young couple, fighting about how to raise their kid and I really don't want kids to spoil our happiness.
知道吗?我经常听见我们隔壁那对年轻的夫妻因为教育孩子而争吵。我真不想让孩子影响我们的婚姻幸福。
a
Don't worry. I think in most cases, children are the glue that keeps a family together.
不要担心。大多数情况下,孩子还是家庭的粘合剂。
b I guess you're right. But I still prefer to have no child.
好吧,但是我还是不想要孩子。
a
Sure. You can fully enjoy your time together.
好的,那你们就可以好好享受二人世界了。