- aCan I see your passport, please?
- bIs this line for non-residents?
- aYes it is. Residents can quene up in the lines to my right.
- bOk. Here's my passport.
- aWhat's the expiration date on your passport?
- bI think it's soon, maybe in a few months. It was renewed in Beijing, so the new expiry date is on the last page.
- aI see. Yes, you'll need to renew your passport in a few months. Make sure you don't let it expire while you are in the UK.
- bI won't.
- aDo you have anything to declare?
- bNo, I don't have anything to declare.
- aHow long will you be staying in the UK?
- bI'll be here for about a year.
- aWhat is the purpose of your stay?
- bI'll be studying. I'm doing an MBA at Nottingham University.
- aWhere will you be staying?
- bI have a housing contract with the university. I'll be in a dorm room on campus.
- aHow do you plan on paying for your living costs and tuition fees while you are here?
- bMy father has already paid for that in advance. Here are the receipts.
- aok. Have a good day. Here's your passport and documents back.
- bThank you very much.